Technological advancements and the resulting efficiencies have increased customer expectations drastically, increasing the demand for Field Service Management (FSM) – (Oracle Field Service Cloud).
The global market for FSM is predicted to reach 5.39 billion by 2023. Countries that have witnessed the early adoption of mobile and cloud technologies will enjoy the largest market share.
Field Service Automation — Transition from On-Premise to the Cloud
Initially, high volumes of data encouraged enterprises to adopt an on-premise deployment. But as they grew, the scalability became a major issue.
This cleared the path for an accelerated Cloud adoption for FSM. It not only helps businesses manage information in a consolidated, efficient, and secure manner but it also provides remote access to field personnel on the go. In addition to providing the highest level of security and dependability, it can cater to the demands of the present and the future more effectively with its flexible architecture.
What is the Oracle Service Cloud & Field Service Cloud?
The Oracle Field Service Cloud (OFSC) is a field service and a customer communications solution. It collects multiple data from the field in real time. After collecting it uses this data to predict events in the future, increases efficiency and reduces organisational costs.
The following are some of the key features of OFSC:
It uses a sophisticated algorithm to know the resources and what they are doing. When in field, the application will send the resource’s GPS coordinates to the routing machine and determine the resource’s location.
- Skill based Routing —OFS will know which technician to dispatch for the service based on the technician’s expertise and background.
- Time of arrival – It predicts the time of arrival at the client location based on current location of field technician and the traffic.
- Routing with Live Maps and Directions — It has integrated maps to provide the driving directions to the destination.
- Automatic Intelligent Routing — It will also automatically route the technician based on type of service and availability of the right tools with the right technician.
This helps technicians in the field manage the work of multiple resources simultaneously using a mobile device.
- Customizable UI – You can easily design and personalise an innovative user interface.
- Mobile Accessibility – Syncing with any personal mobile device reduces field equipment cost and supports third-party workers.
- Every tool in one solution – You can easily view work orders, driving directions, inventory status, availability, collaboration tools, and other important information.
Using this feature, if a field technician needs specific equipment, a specialized tool, or the knowledge of an experienced colleague, they can communicate within the platform.
- Connected Field Force – Improve response times and system efficiency by always having open communication with Management, Dispatch, and the Field Workers.
- Video Call & Peer Chat – Chat or video call a colleague in order to get more information or ask a question.
- Message Broadcast – Send important reminders, safety warnings, traffic information, and more from whatever device, wherever you are
- Virtual Help-desk – If an unknown problem arises, try looking it up in the virtual help-desk, where knowledge of the entire field force is kept.
OFSC analyses past trends to help you know when the field will need to be adjusted to accommodate for changes in the volume of work and job types.
- Monitor Performance and Progress – You can create long-term plans or schedules and track the performance of those goals instantly.
- Plan workloads efficiently – Accurate predictions of estimated work time helps reduce costs and manage field workers’ time effectively.
- Universal Scheduling – Flexible booking models give you the freedom to design a specific model based on your business, supporting direct, quota, time-slot-based, and availability- based booking.
OFSC Smart Location
OFSC uses predictive technology to display expected job locations and routes, and then leverages real-time data. This is done by collection using mobile apps to show actual locations and check-in information.
- Third-Party Field Workers – You can contract seasonal or third-party workers through their mobile devices inexpensively.
Field Service Monitoring – Get a complete view of where the field workers are located.
- Intuitive Locator – The customer can locate a field worker, ensuring peace of mind for both customer and Field Force.
Oracle Field Service Cloud has been designed with self-learning, time-based, predictive technology and transforms customer experience. This highly configurable solution optimises work by automatically creating schedules based on your requirements. Using Oracle’s proved ML and AI, the system can adapt on the fly!
As an experienced and trusted Oracle Field Service Cloud partner, we are happy to answer any questions remaining, or to help you boost your online business. Call us at +31 853 012 993, or click here to visit our Oracle page. We are looking forward at the opportunity to create just the perfect situation for you. Together we can make your (online) business a success!